Feedback from our users
"One of the better online courses I have found for providing a bridge between the science and the business aspects of drug development. The course was very informative, pragmatic and current, and gave me much better insights into the important commercial aspects of drug development."
– Randy Byrne, Founder & President at Transformational Scientific Marketing
"This course provided an excellent summary overview of the current and future drug development process, its financial risks and its impact on profit calculations."
– Herbert Wetli, Head of Pharmaceutical Development at Swiss Caps
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain a foundational understanding of the business of drug discovery and development.
Neither business experience nor pharmaceutical industry experience are needed. The course and textbook are presented at a level easy to understand by scientists, technicians, and business people alike.
The course covers all the basic business activities, strategies, insights, and issues for biotech/pharma organizations, large and small.
From the role of clinical trials to pharmacoeconomics, drug pricing, and policy, the course will help you connect the dots between the science and business of the biopharma industry.
Enroll in the course to learn:
- The lingo and role of CROs, CMOs, NDAs, and BLAs.
- Why small biotech drug discovery & development companies can spend ten-fold less than big pharma on discovery and development
- Why patent fences are necessary and the role of a company’s intellectual property committee
- The importance of pharmacoeconomic considerations throughout the entire process-- from drug discovery through sales
- How overpricing drugs can decimate sales--and how exactly to price drugs to optimize revenue
- The complex drug development and business behind drugs for rare diseases
Enrollment in the course includes a 13-chapter e-textbook, as well as several handouts for additional reading.
You can also purchase the e-textbook separately for just $129.
Want your team or company to take this course? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.