Who is this course for?
This course is designed for anyone looking to gain a foundational understanding of the business of drug discovery and development.
Neither business experience nor pharmaceutical industry experience are needed. The course and textbook are presented at a level easy to understand by scientists, technicians, and business people alike.
What topics does this course cover?
The course covers all the basic business activities, strategies, insights, and issues for biotech/pharma organizations, large and small.
From the role of clinical trials to pharmacoeconomics, drug pricing, and policy, the course will help you connect the dots between the science and business of the biopharma industry.
Enroll in the course to learn:
- The lingo and role of CROs, CMOs, NDAs, and BLAs.
- Why small biotech drug discovery & development companies can spend ten-fold less than big pharma on discovery and development
- Why patent fences are necessary and the role of a company’s intellectual property committee
- The importance of pharmacoeconomic considerations throughout the entire process-- from drug discovery through sales
- How overpricing drugs can decimate sales--and how exactly to price drugs to optimize revenue
- The complex drug development and business behind drugs for rare diseases
What materials does the course come with?
Enrollment in the course includes a 13-chapter e-textbook, as well as several handouts for additional reading.
You can also purchase the e-textbook separately for just $129.
Want your team or company to take this course? Email us at email@example.com for more info.